Applying for Spectacles
Entitlement is to one set of spectacles during a one-year period (twelve  months).
Applications for free spectacles can only be made after 12 months from the last prescription’s date e.g. if your last prescription was dated 1/12/22, your next prescription should be dated 2/12/23 or later.
- Applicants visit a doctor for an eyeglass prescription
- The doctor’s prescription must be written in full on the form entitled ‘PRESCRIPTION FOR FREE SPECTACLES’ of the Department of Health (see picture)
- The following must be included:
- A copy of the applicant’s valid Pink Form or valid Schedule V document
- The applicant’s home address (where a reply will be received) and contact number
- Please note – applications must be posted.
- The original signed prescription and copies of the Pink Form/Schedule V document should be posted to:
Entitlement Unit, Ground Floor, Ex-Outpatients Block, St. Luke’s Hospital, G’Mangia Hill, G’Mangia
What will be provided in return?
If the applicant is entitled, they will receive a document by post to inform them where to take their prescription and documents to have their spectacles done.
This page was last updated on 09 November 2022